An illegal cannabis sales operation in the Fraser Valley has been busted by the Mounties.
Upper Fraser Valley RCMP stated in a news release on January 29 that in December, Chilliwack RCMP launched an investigation into alleged cannabis-related activity at a Quonset hut (a lightweight steel structure with a semicircular cross-section) in the 45000 block of Knight Road in Chilliwack.
Around 8 p.m. on January 23, Chilliwack RCMP used a search warrant at the location where officers seized:
- a suspected 45 kilograms (100 pounds) of cannabis;
- cannabis-infused items including edibles;
- over 1,000 packages labelled “Bareta” containing the cannabis-derivative shatter;
- about one-half kilogram of cocaine;
- 2.3 kilograms of psilocybin mushrooms;
- an unspecified amount of pre-packaged prescription tablets.
During the search, police arrested two 26-year-old male suspects who were later released from custody.
Once the investigation is complete, RCMP will forward a report to the Public Prosecution Service of Canada for assessment of charges under the Cannabis Act and the Controlled Drug and Substance Act.